Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-15, 05:28
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-16, 21:51
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-16, 23:04
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-17, 16:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-18, 01:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-18, 21:16
+
Thomas Graves 2012-02-17, 19:14
+
Taeseong Kim 2012-02-19, 04:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-18, 07:23
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-22, 19:30
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
+1

I downloaded and checked this rc, some of the things I checked:

  - release notes are present both binary and src
  - html documentation present in binary: share/doc/hadoop/index.html
  - release is present at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoo
p-common/0.23.1/
  - LICENSE, NOTICE and README are good
  - md5 and signatures good
  - src tarball builds
  - in binary package container-executor and libraries (libhadoop.a, etc)
are 32 bit
  - CHANGES.txt files look good

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured
  - all daemons started - hdfs/yarn/history server
  - Ran wordcount, sleep, teragen, terasort, teravalidate and all passed

Thanks,
Tom

On 2/18/12 1:23 AM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've created another release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to
> release.
>
> It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc2/
> The hadoop-0.23.1-rc2 svn tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.1-rc2
> The maven artifacts for hadoop-0.23.1-rc2 are also available at
> repository.apache.org.

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Mahadev Konar 2012-02-22, 07:45
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-02-25, 02:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-24, 19:36
+
Tom White 2012-02-24, 19:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-02-23, 01:42
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-23, 03:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-02-23, 04:48
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-02-23, 02:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-23, 03:51
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-02-23, 05:00
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-23, 05:32