Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
+1

I downloaded and checked this rc, some of the things I checked:

  - release notes are present both binary and src
  - html documentation present in binary: share/doc/hadoop/index.html
  - release is present at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoo
p-common/0.23.1/
  - LICENSE, NOTICE and README are good
  - md5 and signatures good
  - src tarball builds
  - in binary package container-executor and libraries (libhadoop.a, etc)
are 32 bit
  - CHANGES.txt files look good

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured
  - all daemons started - hdfs/yarn/history server
  - Ran wordcount, sleep, teragen, terasort, teravalidate and all passed

Thanks,
Tom