Hadoop >> mail # user >> Generating many small PNGs to Amazon S3 with MapReduce

+
tim robertson 2009-04-14, 09:35
+
Brian Bockelman 2009-04-14, 12:37
+
tim robertson 2009-04-14, 12:44
+
tim robertson 2009-04-14, 14:10
+
Kevin Peterson 2009-04-16, 00:21
+
tim robertson 2009-04-16, 08:14
+
tim robertson 2009-04-16, 12:38
Re: Generating many small PNGs to Amazon S3 with MapReduce
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Kevin Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, do the math on the costs for S3. We were doing something similar,
> and found that we were spending a fortune on our put requests at $0.01 per
> 1000, and next to nothing on storage.

I made a similar discovery.  The cost of PUT adds up fast.  One
billion PUTs will cost you $10 million!

-Stuart Sierra
+
Andrew Hitchcock 2009-04-23, 21:02