Sqoop >> mail # user >> Does Sqoop acquire any locks when importing from SQL Server?

+
Tim Goodman 2013-02-21, 20:54
+
Chalcy 2013-02-22, 01:06
+
Tim Goodman 2013-02-22, 06:19
Re: Does Sqoop acquire any locks when importing from SQL Server?
Hi Tim,
Sqoop is issuing usual select queries, so it does the same locks as the query would. No extra additional locking is performed by Sqoop.

We've recently improved build-in Microsoft SQL Connector to support table hints, please check out SQOOP-724 [1]. We're currently working on getting new version 1.4.3, that will contain this feature.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-724