Sqoop, mail # user - Does Sqoop acquire any locks when importing from SQL Server?

+
Tim Goodman 2013-02-21, 20:54
+
Chalcy 2013-02-22, 01:06
+
Tim Goodman 2013-02-22, 06:19
Re: Does Sqoop acquire any locks when importing from SQL Server?
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-22, 00:02
Hi Tim,
Sqoop is issuing usual select queries, so it does the same locks as the query would. No extra additional locking is performed by Sqoop.

We've recently improved build-in Microsoft SQL Connector to support table hints, please check out SQOOP-724 [1]. We're currently working on getting new version 1.4.3, that will contain this feature.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-724