Flume >> mail # dev >> Regarding the adding of additional sinks/sources for various DB's

+
Juhani Connolly 2013-11-25, 08:14
+
Ashish 2013-11-25, 08:31
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-11-26, 09:30
+
Israel Ekpo 2013-11-26, 01:34
+
Steve Morin 2013-11-28, 15:52
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-11-28, 19:06
Re: Regarding the adding of additional sinks/sources for various DB's
As someone who just developed a sink, let me add my two cents.

If the intention is to separate “core Flume” from second class citizens like myself ( ;-) ), a contrib module only makes sense if those contributors can manage fixes and commit to their modules themselves.  Waiting for core developers to apply changes to modules they don’t want to work on will just leave maintainers like myself annoyed at waiting and core contributors annoyed at having to do it.  I think you’d have to hand out commit abilities to several people for there to be smiles all round.

If you don’t want to or can’t do that (understandable), maybe just let everyone do their own module management on GitHub or whatever, and provide a page that links to “add on” modules.  (This is the approach Elasticsearch takes, I think.)

-- Jeremy

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-11-29, 07:17
+