HBase >> mail # user >> Possible to delete a specific cell?

+
Jonathan Natkins 2013-03-07, 17:55
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-07, 18:04
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-07, 18:04
+
Jonathan Natkins 2013-03-07, 18:12
Re: Possible to delete a specific cell?
Shouldn't you be able to insert delete with t belonging to (t2, t3) to
achieve this effect?

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Jonathan Natkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yep, that's the scenario I was curious about. Thanks!
>

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > Is that what you mean?
> >
> > In the same CF:C
> > insert r1 v1 t1
> > insert r1 v2 t2
> > insert r1 v3 t3
> >
> > Then you want to be able to delete r1 v3 t3 to see r1 v2?
> >
> > This is not possible. If you put a delete with t4, everything older
> > than t4 will be deleted when the compression will occur.
> >
> > JM
> >
> > 2013/3/7 Jonathan Natkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > It was suggested to me that there might be a way to delete a cell in a
> > > column for a particular timestamp, without masking all older values. Is
> > > this true? Or have I been fed lies?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Natty
> > >
> > > --