HBase >> mail # dev >> assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?

+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-05, 19:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 01:20
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 02:57
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 03:53
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 17:26
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2012-12-06, 18:18
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 18:35
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 18:34
Re: assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
The master sending a close on a region that is opening will result in
cancelling the open.

As to the TM, it is really for exceptional case.  In normal scenario,
we don't need it.
Before we remove it, should we list all exceptional cases and make
sure they are covered?

Thanks,
Jimmy

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Currently, rs doesn't watch the znode.  RS cancels ongoing open after
>> master tells it so.
>>

> Is there a cancel message?  Or do you mean master sending a close on a
> region that is opening will result in our canceling the open?
> Thanks Jimmy,
> St.Ack
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 18:44