Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which release to use?

+
Teruhiko Kurosaka 2011-07-14, 23:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-14, 23:43
+
Isaac Dooley 2011-07-15, 13:13
+
Jonathan Coveney 2011-07-15, 14:32
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-14, 23:45
+
Adarsh Sharma 2011-07-15, 04:49
+
Robert Evans 2011-07-15, 14:35
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-15, 14:58
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-15, 16:07
+
Tom Deutsch 2011-07-15, 16:38
+
Rita 2011-07-16, 15:53
+
Steve Loughran 2011-07-17, 19:34
+
Tom Deutsch 2011-07-16, 17:29
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-18, 19:09
+
Jeff.Schmitz@... 2011-07-18, 19:30
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-18, 20:50
Re: Which release to use?
I made the big mistake by using the latest version, 0.21.0 and found bunch
of bugs so I got pissed off at hdfs. Then, after reading this thread it
seems I should of used 0.20.x .

I really wish we can fix this on the website, stating 0.21.0 as unstable.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Well that's CDH3. :-)
>
> And yes, that's because up until the past month... other releases didn't
> exist w commercial support.
>
> Now there are more players as we look at the movement from leading edge to
> mainstream adopters.
>

> > Subject: RE: Which release to use?
> > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:30:39 -0500
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> >  Most people are using CH3 - if you need some features from another
> > distro use that -
> >
> > http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop/
> >
> > I wonder if the Cloudera people realize that CH3 was a pretty happening
> > punk band back in the day (if not they do now = )
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_3_%28band%29
> >
> > cheers -
> >

> > Jeffery Schmitz
> > Projects and Technology
> > 3737 Bellaire Blvd Houston, Texas 77001
> > Tel: +1-713-245-7326 Fax: +1 713 245 7678
> > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-19, 00:12
+
Rita 2011-07-19, 01:02