MapReduce >> mail # user >> chaining (the output of) jobs/ reducers

+
Adrian CAPDEFIER 2013-09-12, 13:36
Re: chaining (the output of) jobs/ reducers

Other than the short term solutions that others have proposed, Apache Tez solves this exact problem. It can M-M-R-R-R chains, and mult-way mappers and reducers, and your own custom processors - all without persisting the intermediate outputs to HDFS.

It works on top of YARN, though the first release of Tez is yet to happen.

You can learn about it more here: http://tez.incubator.apache.org/

HTH,
+Vinod

--