HDFS >> mail # user >> HDFS + ZooKeeper

+
Ozcan ILIKHAN 2011-04-23, 05:17
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-04-23, 05:41
+
Jason Rutherglen 2011-04-23, 18:17
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-04-23, 22:29
+
Mag Gam 2011-04-24, 01:14
+
Ozcan ILIKHAN 2011-04-24, 11:06
+
Jason Rutherglen 2011-04-24, 17:13
Re: HDFS + ZooKeeper
> From: Jason Rutherglen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Right and AN is not using ZK for the actual NameNode
> methods/functions, only for the failover election of the 'backup'
> NameNode?

What do you mean by "actual NameNode methods/functions"? I believe there was an effort during the development of AvatarNode to use BookKeeper (http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/bookkeeperOverview.html) to distribute the edit log. Is this what you mean?

That effort ran into various problems but I don't know the detail.

   - Andy
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-04-25, 02:12