Flume >> mail # user >> File Sink/Source

Re: File Sink/Source
Yes the file channel is designed to handle this and is what you should be
using.
You are also on the right track regarding sizing your file channel to
account for the number of events that could accumulate in the event that
your terminal sink is unable to complete transactions. With the amount of
data that you would like to buffer it will take a file channel somewhere
around 72GB.
So some other things you should consider here are the size of your hard
drives, the drain rate of a single sink on that channel once the terminal
destination is up again, durability in the event of a drive failure and so
on. For these reasons you may decide that you want to have a few agents on
separate hosts that can help to spread the load.

Hope this is helpful.

-Jeff