Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib

+
Nigel Daley 2011-02-11, 03:40
+
Stack 2011-02-11, 04:06
+
Owen OMalley 2011-02-11, 05:24
+
Nigel Daley 2011-02-11, 06:11
+
Ian Holsman 2011-02-11, 06:33
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-11, 10:28
+
Roy T. Fielding 2011-02-12, 08:18
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-17, 12:43
+
Ian Holsman 2011-02-17, 13:58
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-17, 15:23
+
Ian Holsman 2011-02-17, 18:27
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-02-18, 12:46
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-18, 13:20
+
Nigel Daley 2011-02-23, 05:27
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-04-04, 19:19
+
Nigel Daley 2011-04-10, 05:01
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-12, 18:31
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-02-17, 17:22
+
Roy T. Fielding 2011-02-17, 18:43
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-18, 10:11
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-02-18, 16:11
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-02-18, 19:55
Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Sanjay Radia 2011-02-17, 04:31

On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2011, at 5:11 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

>>> -1 we still use and are maintaining this.
>>

>> Who's the 'we'?  Looking at HDFS-1164 it looks like hdfsproxy was
>> failing a unit test for 7 months.  This is exactly the reason we
>> should thoughtfully consider whether it has a future within Hadoop.
>>
>> Perhaps Y! uses a different version of hdfsproxy?
>
> They probably have patched it, and mistakenly forgot to submit them
Yes, we have some updates that we haven;t got around to pushing around

> .. any chance of doing a diff on your version and submitting it?
I will check into this and get back.
We are also working to incorporate some of the features of the proxy
into hdfs proper -- if that work completes and is accepted by the
community then hdfs proxy may become
less useful.

Hence, for now,  my vote is -1 for removing hdfs proxy.

sanjay

sanjay

> Regards
> Ian