Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 09:48
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-22, 09:54
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 06:46
+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 07:12
Re: Multiuser setup on Hive
Hi Austin,

Hive authorization in its current form has a number of bugs and it is not
recommended that you use it. We are planning to work on supporting
authorization in a subsequent version of Hive.

Thanks.
Shreepadma
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Bejoy,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> I had been reading through hive authorization
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-auth.html
>
> Is it any good. Can anyone explain what happens if I enable this?
> Will I be able to prevent users from deleting other user's tables?
>

> Regards,
> Austin
>

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Bejoy KS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> **
>> Hi Austin
>>
>> In hive currently you can have permissions only on the hdfs layer not on
>> the metastore. The current hive metastore don't have multiuser permission
>> support. Any user will be able to drop the metadata information now.
>> Regards
>> Bejoy KS
>>
>> Sent from handheld, please excuse typos.
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: * Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> *Date: *Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:16:24 +0530
>> *To: *<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> *ReplyTo: * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> *Subject: *Multiuser setup on Hive
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
>> I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.
>>
>> Consider this scenario:
>>
>> user1 has created a database data1
>> user2 has created a database data2
>>
>> Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2
>>
>> How do I prevent this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Austin

+