HBase >> mail # user >> HConnectionImplementation closed

+
neua@... 2013-01-06, 11:35
+
Bing Jiang 2013-01-09, 00:25
+
Antony Neu 2013-01-08, 10:41
Re: HConnectionImplementation closed
Hi,

I had same exception when my master node died.
Then I found this code:

private HRegionLocation locateRegion(byte[] tableName, byte[] row, boolean useCache) throws IOException {
if (closed) throw new IOException(toString() + " closed");

and
public void abort(String msg, Throwable t)
{
if ((t instanceof KeeperException.SessionExpiredException)) {
try {
LOG.info("This client just lost it's session with ZooKeeper, trying to reconnect.");

resetZooKeeperTrackers();
LOG.info("Reconnected successfully. This disconnect could have been caused by a network partition or a long-running GC pause, either way it's recommended that
you verify your environment.");

return;
} catch (ZooKeeperConnectionException e) {
LOG.error("Could not reconnect to ZooKeeper after session expiration, aborting");

t = e;
}
}
if (t != null) LOG.fatal(msg, t); else
LOG.fatal(msg);
aborted = true;
closed = true;
}

So, it happens when client looses connection to ZooKeeper and cant reconnect,
Or, simply, somebody calls HConnection.close()