Hive >> mail # user >> pblm in joining two tables in hive.....

+
Manjinder Singh01 2012-11-23, 09:03
+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-23, 09:49
RE: pblm in joining two tables in hive.....
Thank u…. ☺

From: Bejoy KS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 3:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: pblm in joining two tables in hive.....

Hi

Do a Left outer join A to B and do a null check on B's columns.

SELECT A.* FROM A LEFT OUTER JOIN B ON (...) WHERE B.clmn IS NULL.
Regards
Bejoy KS

________________________________
From: Manjinder Singh01 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:03:06 +0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]%[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
ReplyTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: pblm in joining two tables in hive.....

Hi,

  In hive  I have two tables fst  is   ‘a’ and 2nd is  ‘b’.
  Now I want to display the data of  ‘a ‘  table which is not present in b table.

Thnks

Manjinder

Infosys e-mail system.