Hadoop >> mail # user >> Can I change "hadoo.tmp.dir" for each jon run without formatting

Re: Can I change "hadoo.tmp.dir" for each jon run without formatting
Hi abhay ,
As alok mentioned that's a perfect choice to override on runtime . Make
sure that properties should not be set as final in configuration file .

Regards
Syed
On Jul 26, 2012 12:16 AM, "Alok Kumar [via Lucene]" <
ml-node+[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Abhay,
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Abhay Ratnaparkhi
> <[hidden email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3997300&i=0>>
> wrote:
> > "hadoop.tmp.dir" points to the directory on local disk to store
> > intermediate task related data.
> >
> > It's currently mounted to "/tmp/hadoop" for me. Some of my jobs are
> running
> > and Filesystem on which '/tmp' is mounted is getting full.
> > Is it possible to change "hadoop.tmp.dir" parameter before submitting a
> new
> > job?
>
> You can override "hadoop.tmp.dir" everytime before submitting your Job.
> I tried like this :
>
> Configuration configuration = new Configuration();
> config.set("hadoop.tmp.dir", "/home/user/some-other-path");
> Job job = new Job(config, "Job1");
>
> It produced same result (I didn't format anything)
>
> Thanks
> --
> Alok

> .
> NAML<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

-----
THANKS AND REGARDS,
SYED ABDUL KATHER