Hive >> mail # user >> Hortonworks HDP 1.3 vs. HDP 1.1

Re: Hortonworks HDP 1.3 vs. HDP 1.1
For HDP specific questions, you should use the Hortonworks lists:
http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/forum/hive/

Your question is about the difference between Hive 0.9 and Hive 0.11.

The big additions are:
  Decimal type
  ORC files
  Analytics functions - cube roll up
  Windowing functions
  Join improvements

There are some blog entries for Hive 0.10 and Hive 0.11.

http://hortonworks.com/blog/apache-hive-0-10-0-is-now-available/
http://hortonworks.com/blog/apache-hive-0-11-stinger-phase-1-delivered

-- Owen