Hive >> mail # user >> Hive bug in Partition

Hive bug in Partition

We are using Hive 8 as part of CDH4.0.1.  We noticed a bug in Partition.

Say if my hive table is partitioned by mydate and to drop a partition I mistype the name of the partition, like,
Alter table mytable drop partition (yourdate='2012-09-10') , this will drop all the mytable paritions (mydate).  The whole table is empty.  This is scary.

I could not find any Jira for that. Have anybody experienced this bug?  I can create a Jira for this bug if nobody has heard of this bug.

Thanks,
Chalcy