Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Comparison of kafka and Hedwig?

Comparison of kafka and Hedwig?
Flavio Junqueira:
> Thomas, Did you mean to say Hedwig instead of BookKeeper?
Oh sh..ugar yeah. Thanks. Start over again:

I've just had a look at the kafka slides[1] from January HUG. It seems to me,
that Hedwig[2] and kafka are quite similar in there problem space. Is that
so? What are notable differences?
(Kafka is written in scala and therefor must be a lot cooler :-)

[1] <http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/02/hadoop-user-group-
january-2011-recap/>
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HedWig

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro