HBase, mail # user - Getting column values in batches for a single row

+
Sam William 2013-09-09, 19:28
Re: Getting column values in batches for a single row
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-09-09, 19:43
Scan.setBatch does what you are looking for, since with a Get there's no
way to iterate over mutliple calls:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.94.2/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan.java#L306

Just make sure to make the Scan start at the row you want and stop right
after it.

J-D
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Sam William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have a table which is wide(with a single family) and the column
> qualifiers are timestamps.  I'd like to do a get on a rowkey, but I dont
> need to read all of the columns. I want to read the first n values  and
> then read more in batches if need be.  Is there a way to do this? Im on
> version-0.94.2.
>

> Thanks
+
Sam William 2013-09-09, 20:01