Hadoop >> mail # dev >> REg - Hive

Sir

In our system, we need hive query to  retrieve the field name where a particular data item belongs
For example, if we have a table having location information, when queried for New York, the query should retuen the field names where New York occurs like "City", "Administrative division" etc.

Kindly inform whether it is possible to retrieve meta-data information for a particular field value in Hive
Thanking you
G Sudha