MapReduce >> mail # user >> about replication

Re: about replication
Most likely there is a stale pid file. Something like
\tmp\hadoop-*datanode.pid. You could try deleting it and then restarting
the datanode.

I haven't read the entire thread so you may have looked at this already.

-Arpit

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE