Pig, mail # user - python version with Jython/Pig

python version with Jython/Pig
Dexin Wang 2013-07-17, 22:33
When I do Python UDF with Pig, how do we know which version of Python it is
using? Is it possible to use a specific version of Python?

Specifically my problem is in my UDF, I need to use a function in math
module math.erf() which is newly introduced in Python version 2.7. I have
Python 2.7 installed on my machine and standalone Python program runs fine
but when I run it in Pig as Python UDF, I got this:

AttributeError: type object 'org.python.modules.math' has no attribute 'erf'

My guess is Jython is using some pre-2.7 version of Python?

Thanks for your help!

Dexin