Flume, mail # dev - Patches for ElasticSearchSink

+
Edward Sargisson 2013-04-05, 19:14
Re: Patches for ElasticSearchSink
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-05, 23:52
Hi Edward,

It's good that you have patches available that resolves the issue.

Here is what I would recommend to get the ball rolling, if you have some
time to spare:

(1) Get the latest code from GIT

git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flume.git flume

cd flume

git checkout flume-1.4

(2) Apply your changes to the code you have checked out

(3) Try to compile the code changes, create a tarball and run the unit
tests to make sure that all is well with your changes

mvn clean install

(4) If all is well, then create the patches:

git diff --no-prefix > /path/to/patch-file.patch

It is very important to test the changes to make sure the work
satisfactorily before submitting the patch

So you can configure the generated tarball and run it to see if it works
for you first

Use the JIRA issue ID for the patch files you generate

(5) Upload the patche file(s) to the JIRA issue and set the status to PATCH
AVAILABLE.

(6) Create a review for your patch files here:

https://reviews.apache.org/

Pick "flume-git" as the repository and "Flume" as the group

You can assign it to juhanic, mpercy, hshreedharan, brock or will

(7) You can take a look at other code reviews here for some examples:

https://reviews.apache.org/groups/Flume/

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Edward Sargisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering how to work with somebody to get some patches for the
> ElasticSearchSink accepted into trunk.
>
> One of my colleagues at my unnamed employer wrote and submitted the
> original version. Since then, I have discovered and fixed a major defect
> around the name of the index to write to (FLUME-1782) and have just
> submitted an enhancement that allows users to calculate IDs for each
> document (FLUME-1972).
>
> I originally submitted FLUME-1782 on 13 December. There have been some
> questions raised but the patch(es) have yet to be accepted.
>
> I would really prefer these fixes to make it into 1.4.0 whenever it's
> released. Is there a way we can work together to resolve any problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Edward

+
Mike Percy 2013-04-10, 20:41