Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.12.0 Release Candidate 0

Thejas,
Thanks for working on Hive 0.12 release!

I work on Apache Bigtop <http://bigtop.apache.org> and we build rpm and deb
packages by building and packaging the source tarballs. Most components (if
not all) release a source tarball.

Releasing a source tarball would make it make Hive consistent with other
projects in terms of what is released, and would make life easier for those
users who may not want binaries (like some Hive developers and Bigtop).

I don't know how much work it will be, but both I personally and the larger
Bigtop community would greatly appreciate if Hive released a source tarball
for 0.12 release.

Would love to hear what you think. Thanks again!
Mark