MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop file system

Hi,

I am new to hdfs. In my java application, I need to perform 'similar operation' over large number of files. I would like to store those files in distributed machines. I don't think, I will need map reduce paradigm. But however I would like to use HDFS for file storage and access. Is it possible (or nice idea) to use HDFS as a stand alone stuff? And, java APIs are available to work with HDFS so that I can read/write in distributed environment ? Any thoughts here will be helpful.
With thanks and regards
Balachandar
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

+
Mahesh Balija 2013-03-05, 08:44