MapReduce >> mail # user >> Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem

+
murthy nvvs 2012-10-11, 04:54
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-11, 21:31
+
Serge Blazhiyevskyy 2012-10-11, 21:35
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 13:07
+
Harsh J 2012-10-12, 15:40
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 17:20
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-12, 18:09
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 18:42
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-12, 20:30
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 21:09
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-12, 22:23
+
Visioner Sadak 2012-10-18, 07:49
Re: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Kartashov, Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I run Hadoop in pseudo-distrib on amazon instance in the cloud. Shall I change "localhost" in both core-site and mapred-site to my< my-host-name>?

It depends on the desired behavior, but generally it's easiest if you
have the hostnames in *.xml match the hostname of the host in
question. Accessing the webUIs can be annoying depending on your
browser config, however.

> p.s. I can see Namenode status through Web-based interface using url: http://<my-host-name>:50070  however cannot access JobTracker (MapReduce master) using : http://<my-host-name>:50030 :(

Keep in mind that opening up your EC2 Hadoop cluster to arbitrary HTTP
access means that anyone in the world who guesses your IP can access
the files you have stored on HDFS.  Much better to use a VPN or ssh
SOCKS5 port forwarding and keep the Hadoop TCP ports firewalled off
using AWS security policies.

There are unsavoury people who scan EC2 IP ranges looking for
unsecured services like Hadoop, so don't think that "I didn't publish
my IP, I am safe" will save you!

-andy