MapReduce >> mail # user >> rules engine with Hadoop

Re: rules engine with Hadoop
That probably means that your problem is pretty easy.

Just code up a standard rules engine into a mapper.  You can also build a
user defined function (UDF) in Pig or Hive and Hadoop will handle the
parallelism for you.