HBase, mail # dev - [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Todd Lipcon 2013-08-15, 08:15
Hey Ram,

Just a thought: could you make the backward-incompatible changes in the
data format ahead of actually having support for using them? EG if you need
a new field, put it unused in the WAL now to reserve space for it?

-Todd

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera