Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop from/to Oracle

+
Martin, Nick 2013-09-30, 22:32
+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-09-30, 22:35
+
Martin, Nick 2013-09-30, 22:58
+
Martin, Nick 2013-10-01, 23:11
+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-10-01, 23:31
+
Martin, Nick 2013-10-02, 00:03
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-10-02, 01:06
+
Martin, Nick 2013-10-02, 01:53
RE: Sqoop from/to Oracle
Hi Abe,

After doing some digging on this issue I've found I'm facing what seems like a fairly common issue with importing data from an Oracle DATE column and trying to export that same data (from HDFS) back into an Oracle DATE column (of course, it will have been converted to a timestamp on the way into HDFS).

So, what's the current thinking on the best way to get around this issue?

Thanks,
Nick