Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-02, 20:07
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 20:40
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-02, 21:05
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 21:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-02, 21:33
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 21:48
+
Ian Holsman 2011-05-02, 21:49
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-02, 22:19
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 21:55
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-04, 00:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-04, 01:01
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-04, 23:46
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-05-02, 22:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-05-02, 22:14
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-02, 22:15
+
Eli Collins 2011-05-02, 22:19
+
Doug Cutting 2011-05-02, 22:25
+
Jake Cornelius 2011-05-02, 22:31
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-05-03, 08:39
+
Eli Collins 2011-05-03, 17:02
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-05-03, 23:58
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-05-08, 05:41
+
Owen OMalley 2011-05-11, 17:36
+
Ian Holsman 2011-05-11, 17:38
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-05-11, 18:40
+
Owen OMalley 2011-05-11, 22:10
+
Raghu Angadi 2011-05-11, 19:09
+
Owen OMalley 2011-05-04, 17:31
+
Eli Collins 2011-05-04, 19:17
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-05-04, 20:26
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-05-04, 20:17
+
Owen OMalley 2011-05-04, 23:19
+
Eli Collins 2011-05-04, 22:03
Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Eli,

How many of these patches that you find troublesome are in CDH already?

Regards,
Suresh
On 5/4/11 3:03 PM, "Eli Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Here's an updated release candidate for 0.20.203.0. I've incorporated the
>> feedback and included all of the patches from 0.20.2, which is the last
>> stable release. I also fixed the eclipse-plugin problem.
>>
>> The candidate is at: http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.203.0-rc1/
>>
>> Please download it, inspect it, compile it, and test it. Clearly, I'm +1.
>>
>> -- Owen
>
> While rc2 is an improvement on rc1, I am -1 on this particular rc.  Rationale:
>
> This rc contains many patches not yet committed to trunk. This would
> cause the next major release (0.22) to be a feature regression against
> our latest stable release (203), were 0.22 released soon.
>
> This rc contains many patches not yet reviewed by the community via
> the normal process (jira, patch against trunk, merge to a release
> branch). I think we should respect the existing community process that
> has been used for all previous releases.
>
> This rc introduces a new development and braching model (new feature
> development outside trunk) and Hadoop versioning scheme without
> sufficient discussion or proposal of these changes with the community.
>
> We should establish new process before the release, a release is not
> the appropriate mechanism for changing our review and development
> process or versioning .
>
> I do support a release from branch-0.20-security that follows the
> existing, established community process.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
+
Eli Collins 2011-05-04, 22:24