HBase, mail # user - PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-04, 13:30
Re: PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-04, 14:32
Ok, what i think can be done is try writing a custom filter like
PreFixFilter and use a Comparator that compares long.

In case of SCVF it has a comparator passed to it.  So we can implement a
comparator that compares long and pass it to the constructor of SCVF.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ram

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>     I am trying to use PrefixFilter on my table, whose rowkeys are of type
> 'long'. But I am getting all the rows in the result. And if use the same
> code on rowkeys of type 'String' it is working perfectly fine. Need some
> help.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq