HBase >> mail # user >> Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?

+
yun peng 2012-12-06, 18:34
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 18:42
Re: Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?
Is that done in current HBase implementation (say, 0.94.2 or more recent
one) or it requires applications to handle it?
Thanks for your note,
Yun

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If auto flush is off, multiple puts could be combined into a batch and
> send to the region server in one RPC call if they are for the same
> region server.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi, I have question on how the multiple Puts() are executed when they are
> > issued against the same region server.
> >
> > For example, in the case of asynchronous executing Put() using
> > setAutoFlush(true), there will be multiple Puts() in the writeBuffer. Or
> > use HTbale API put(List puts) which directly issues multiple Puts. In
> > either case, let's say, would two Puts in the list, which are issued
> > against the same HRegionServer, be combined in a single RPC before
> sending
> > to that RegionServer? I appreciate it if I can get pointer to the code in
> > HBase. Thanks...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Yun

+