Sqoop >> mail # dev >> When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?

+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 02:43
Re: When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?
Hi Sam,
unfortunately this is not possible with Sqoop 1. However we've redesigned the architecture in Sqoop 2 to allow this. It's yet there, but it will be quite soon.

Jarcec

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:43:26AM +0800, sam liu wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> Is it possible or has any other similar methods? Because we really want to
> hide all connection related parameters like username/password in a
> properties file, for improving security. Our Sqoop version is 1.4.2.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam Liu
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 03:03