HBase >> mail # user >> Tables gets Major Compacted even if they haven't changed

Re: Tables gets Major Compacted even if they haven't changed
Ah ok. We don't expire any data, so have not set any TTLs. Is there a
policy we can use to avoid compacting regions that have not changed (ie
have just 1 store file)?
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HBase can run major compaction (even if table has not been updated) to
> purge expired data (TTL).
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer