Hive, mail # user - Adding jar files when running hive in hwi mode or hiveserver mode

Re: Adding jar files when running hive in hwi mode or hiveserver mode
Vijay 2009-08-25, 02:13
Probably spoke too soon :) I added this comment to the JIRA ticket above.

Hi, I tried the latest patch on trunk and there seems to be a problem.

I was interested in using the "add jar " command to add jar files to the
path. However, by the time the command flows through the SessionState to the
AddResourceProcessor (in
./ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/processors/AddResourceProcessor.java),
the command word "add" is not being stripped so the resource processor is
trying to find a ResourceType of "ADD."

I'm not sure if this was an existing bug or was a result of the current set
of changes.
  [ Show » <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-716> ]
 Vijay <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=techvd>added
a comment - 24/Aug/09
07:12 PM Hi, I tried the latest patch on trunk and there seems to be a