Avro, mail # user - Could specific records implement the generic API as well?

Re: Could specific records implement the generic API as well?
Doug Cutting 2013-04-15, 22:43
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Christophe Taton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you think it's a meaningful addition, I'm happy to make the change.

The two methods I wrote above could be added to SpecificRecordBase and
it could then be declared to implement GenericRecord.

I think GenericRecordBuilder could be used to build specific records
with a few additional changes:
 - change the type of the 'record' field from GenericData.Record to
GenericRecord.
 - replace the call to 'new GenericData.Record()' to
'(GenericRecord)data().newRecord(null, schema())'
 - add a constructor that accepts a GenericData instance, instead of
calling GenericData.get().

Then you could use new GenericRecordBuilder(SpecificData.get(),
schema) to create specific records.

Doug