From:   Norbert Burger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date:   02/05/2011 09:51 AM
Subject:        Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase

Mike, you'll also need also access to an installation of Hadoop, whether
this on the same machines as your HBase install (common), or somewhere
else.  Often, people install Hadoop first and then layer HBase over it.

HBase depends on core Hadoop functionality like HDFS, and uses the Hadoop
JAR in lib/ to support this.  But this is library code only; what you're
missing is the rest of Hadoop ecosystem (config files, directory
structure,
command-line tools, etc.)

Norbert