Drill >> mail # dev >> RE: [OS: Windows] Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine

+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2013-12-28, 09:08
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2013-12-28, 10:03
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2013-12-28, 18:00
+
Marco Sandrini 2013-12-28, 20:04
RE: [OS: Windows] Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine
Marco,
Thank you very much.  That worked for me as well.  Now I am getting the following error.  What is the deal on sqlline.properties?
D:\workspace\incubator-drill>java -Xmx1G -Dlogback.configurationFile=.\sqlparser\src\test\resources\logback.xml -jar
contrib\sqlline\target\drill-sqlline-1.0.0-
m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar --verbose=true -u jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local -n admin -p admin
Loaded singnal handler: SunSignalHandler C:\Users\ravisankars\sqlline\sqlline.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)
issuing: !connect jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local admin admin scan complete in 5ms scan complete in 7ms No known driver to handle "jdbc:drill:schema=parquet-local" sqlline version ??? by Marc Prud'hommeaux
sqlline>
Best Regards,Ravi> Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 12:04:42 -0800
> Subject: Re: [OS: Windows] Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Ravi,
>
> Can you try changing the classpathPrefix in your maven pom file from
> <classpathPrefix>c:\Users\ravisankars\.m2\repository</classpathPrefix>
> <classpathPrefix>/c:/Users/ravisankars/.m2/repository/</classpathPrefix>
> Or better:
> <classpathPrefix>/${settings.localRepository}/</classpathPrefix>
>
> Notice the '/' at the beginning and at the end of the path. This works for
> me.
>
> Best Regards,
> Marco
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Ravisankar Sivasubramaniam <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  Progress so far
> > -------------------
> > Looks like apache-rat-plugin didn't like me logging the content to log.txt
> > under incubator-drill.  Once I instructed mvn to log the output outside
> > the folder, the build got completed without any error.
> >
> > Open issue
> > ---------------
> > The sqlline.bat looks as follows:
> >

> > *if not exist contrib\sqlline\target (    cd contrib\sqlline    mvn
> > package    cd ..\..)*
> >
> > *java -Xmx1G
> > -Dlogback.configurationFile=.\sqlparser\src\test\resources\logback.xml -jar
> > contrib\sqlline\target\drill-sqlline-1.0.0-m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > --verbose=true*
> > The updated pom.xml has been attached.  In the pom.xml I have included
> > maven-jar-plugin to add Manifest entries for Classpath and Main-Class.  I
> > have attached the MANIFEST.MF as well for reference.  As per jar spec<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jar/jar.html#Notes_on_Manifest_and_Signature_Files>,
> > maven breaks the classpath at 72 and the continuation starts with a single
> > space.  I have checked that all the files specified in the classpath is
> > available in my local repository.
> >
> > The problem I am facing is that java is not able to find sqlline.SqlLine
> > class from the classpath.
> >

> > *D:\workspace\incubator-drill>java -Xmx1G
> > -Dlogback.configurationFile=.\sqlparser\src\test\resources\logback.xml -jar
> > contrib\sqlline\target\drill-sqlline-1.0.0-m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > --verbose=trueError: Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine*
> >
> > For now I have ignored passing the command line parameter.  But that is
> > not related to the problem at hand.
> >
> > This <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6780678/run-class-in-jar-file>SO answer suggests the command be included in the back quotes, if the
> > command is not executed from the directory containing the jar, but Windows
> > doesn't support command substitution.
> >
> > And this<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16626883/maven-error-trying-to-adding-arbitrary-classpath-in-manifest-mf>SO answer suggests to downgrade the maven version to 2.3.2 and change
> [...]

+
Marco Sandrini 2013-12-29, 20:29
+
Julian Hyde 2013-12-30, 00:52
+
Marco Sandrini 2013-12-30, 05:38
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2014-01-11, 17:27
+
Marco Sandrini 2014-01-12, 00:53
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2014-01-12, 13:05