HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

+
Stack 2013-04-03, 05:12
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-03, 08:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-03, 14:33
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-03, 15:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-03, 16:33
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-03, 16:04
+
Stack 2013-04-03, 16:37
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
I was looking at the maven dependencies in
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT/hbase-0.95.0-hadoop2-20130402.025905-1.pom

I would expect (I may be wrong) that it's the one to be used when you build
a java application on top of HBase.

But this one will reference hadoop1 as the dependency, except if you
explicitly set the value.
For example, to build ycsb benchmark against hbase 0.95 and hadoop2 you
have to:
1) Change the ycsb pom to set the right dependencies (hbase-hadoop2)
2) Recompile it with mvn package -Dhadoop.profile=2.0

If you don't set hadoop.profile when building ycsb, it will try to use
hadoop1 and the build will fail.

Nicolas
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If I'm not wrong, the pom.xml for hbase-hadoop2 gets the hadoop1-compat
> > because hadoop.profile=1.0 by default. If so, it means that a user must
> > specify it from it's maven build line as well (i.e. having the dependency
> > on hbase-hadoop2  is not enough).
> >

> I do not follow N.  Can you give more detail?
>

> > Is this voluntary? May be it should be documented?
> >

> What do you see as the product of the above Nicolas?  It looks like
> *hadoop2.tgz has the right hadoop in it (and does not have hadoop1 compat
> bundled)?
>
> Thanks N,
> St.Ack

+