Hadoop >> mail # user >> Speed up node under replicated block during decomission

RE: Speed up node under replicated block during decomission

Just a thought...

Really quick and dirty thing to do is to turn off the node.
Within 10 minutes the node looks down to the JT and NN so it gets marked as down.
Run an fsck and it will show the files as under replicated and then will do the replication at the faster speed to rebalance the cluster.
(100MB/sec should be ok on a 1GBe link)

Then you can drop the next node... much faster than trying to decomission the node.

Its not the best way to do it, but it works.