MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-09-12, 01:38
+
Chris Embree 2013-09-12, 01:48
Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop
Hi,

Well in my case I can see the files in hdfs with supergroup ownership
but this group is not exist  at OS level.

I think if we are not providing  below parameter value in XML file,
the default group will be "supergroup" though it will exist at OS
level.

dfs.permissions.supergroup

Thanks

On 9/12/13, Chris Embree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hadoop (HDFS and MapReduce) get group membership, etc. from the OS.  The
> only "exception" is that you define the HDFS Superuser Group in the XML.
>  It still must exist at the OS Level, but grants privs at the Hadoop Level.
>
> At least in HDP 1.x
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> is this an actual group in Linux at the OS level or just hadoop specific?

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-09-12, 01:17