MapReduce, mail # user - 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop
orahad bigdata 2013-09-14, 19:51
Hi,

Well in my case I can see the files in hdfs with supergroup ownership
but this group is not exist  at OS level.

I think if we are not providing  below parameter value in XML file,
the default group will be "supergroup" though it will exist at OS
level.

dfs.permissions.supergroup

Thanks