HDFS, mail # user - Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?

Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?
Ted Yu 2013-03-31, 14:40
FileSystem is an abstract class, what concrete class are you using
(DistributedFileSystem, etc) ? For FileSystem, I find the following for
create() method:

   * but the implementation is thread-safe. The other option is to change
the

   * value of umask in configuration to be 0, but it is not thread-safe.

  public static FSDataOutputStream create(FileSystem fs,

      Path file, FsPermission permission) throws IOException {