Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Mumak is still active?

Re: Mumak is still active?
Nan,

We (at Yahoo) are still doing some work in and on top of Mumak in
Yahoo, but not in significant ways because most of our production is
using an internal version of Hadoop 20, which diverges from Hadoop
trunk (where Mumak resides). So the project is certainly "live" but
not very "active".

I guess you could look at it this way: would Mumak be a good base to
help you accelerate what you plan to work on? If the answer is yes,
take it and enhance it. Just like any open source projects, there is
no particular owner of it. The more people embrace it and contribute
to it, the more likely the project will be successful.

Another note I should say is that before you invest in significant
amount of time in implementing something, you should create a jira
ticket first, and discuss solutions with the community (sometimes even
post partial patches) along the way. Sometimes your solution may not
be aligned with the general design principle of the whole project, or
some assumptions you make may no longer hold in future versions. Keep
the community involved helps avoid such costly mistakes.

Hope this helps,

-Hong