Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-03, 21:49
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:10
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:23
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:39
+
William Slacum 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:22
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-03, 21:04
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-03, 22:01
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 23:05
RE: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Dave Marion 2013-06-04, 00:54

 +1 with reservations. This seems like a big API change, not because our dependency changes, but doesn't it force all consumers to change to Java 7 as well if new language features are used in the client? Looks like Java 6 compiled iterators should work without change.

 I wonder if would make sense to:

 - move client to its own module (out of core),
 - build a Java 6 distribution of the client in addition to the Java 7 release, and
 - refrain from using Java 7 features in the client until a 2.0 release