Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Dynamic reconfiguration

+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-27, 17:06
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 00:20
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 00:25
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 00:25
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 00:29
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 00:35
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 00:55
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 01:34
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 01:42
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 02:57
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 15:43
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 17:02
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 17:17
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 17:33
+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 17:57
Re: Dynamic reconfiguration
yes, if the server reboots (this is when it would read the config file).
Otherwise, it has the last config in memory (this is held in a
QuorumVerifier object in QuorumPeer) and it doesn't look in the config
file.

BTW the config file (when overwritten by the system) has an auto-generated
version using which we know which config is later than which.  Users are
not supposed to specify this version at all - its supposed to be managed by
the system. If you replace the file and set the version to something low or
not specify it at all, chances are that the config file will be overwritten
during synchronization with the leader or during communication with other
servers in FastLeaderElection.
If you set it to something high, its possible that your server will be able
to convince others that this is the latest config :)

Alex
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jared Cantwell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> No that you would want to do this, but simply overwriting a config file
> would "uncommit" a configuration and make that server think the last
> committed configuration was whatever is in the file?

+
Jared Cantwell 2012-07-28, 22:26
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-07-28, 23:36