From: "Matthew J. Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:32:31 PM
Subject: RE: Running Accumulo straight from Memory
Adam,

It does look like we are the first to try this.  We are trying to keep everything in memory and as a result there is no minor compactions, and probably major compactions to make tables larger.  We tried this on SSDs using a file system and we were not getting the processing speeds that we had wanted.

Matt