HBase, mail # user - HBase Checksum

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-31, 22:46
RE: HBase Checksum
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-01, 03:55
You can check with HDFS level logs whether the checksum meta file is getting read to the DFS client? In the HBase handled checksum, this should not happen.
Have you noticed any perf gain when you configure the HBase handled checksum option?

-Anoop-
From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 4:16 AM
To: user
Subject: HBase Checksum

Hi,

I have activated shortcircuit and checksum and I would like to get a
confirmation that it's working fine.

So I have activated short circuit first and saw a 40% improvement of
the MR rowcount job. So I guess it's working fine.

Now, I'm configuring the checksum option, and I'm wondering how I can
do to validate that it's taken into consideration and used, or not. Is
there a way to see that?

Thanks,

JM
+