MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Hadoop Test libraries: Where did they go ?

+
Jay Vyas 2013-11-21, 23:28
+
Steve Loughran 2013-11-25, 09:52
Re: Hadoop Test libraries: Where did they go ?
Yup , we figured it out eventually.
The artifacts now use the test-jar directive which creates a jar file that you can reference in mvn using the <type> tag in your dependencies.

However, fyi, I haven't been able to successfully google for the quintessential classes in the hadoop test libs like the fs BaseContractTest by name, so they are now harder to find then before....

So i think it's unfortunate that they are not a top level maven artifact.

It's misleading, as It's now very easy to assume from looking at hadoop in mvn central that hadoop-test is just an old library that nobody updates anymore.

Just a thought but Maybe hadoop-test could be rejuvenated to point to the hadoop-commons some how?
> On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:52 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I see a hadoop-common-2.2.0-tests.jar in org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-?common;
> SHA1 a9994d261d00295040a402cd2f611a2bac23972a, which resolves in a search
> engine to
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-common/2.2.0/
>
> It looks like it is now part of the hadoop-common artifacts, you just say
> you want the test bits
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-attached-tests.html
>

>> On 21 November 2013 23:28, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> It appears to me that
>>
>> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-test
>>
>> Is no longer updated....
>>
>> Where does hadoop now package the test libraries?
>>
>> Looking in the ".//hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/pom.xml " file in
>> the hadoop 2X branches, im not sure wether or not src/test is packaged into
>> a jar anymore... but i fear it is not.
>>
>> --
>> Jay Vyas
>> http://jayunit100.blogspot.com